Sunday, January 27, 2013

It's been a year....

It's been a year since I bought my DSLR camera and I can't say enough how much I have fallen in love with it and photography.  I, however, don't think my kids have fallen in love with my camera as much as me....most of the time these days when they see me pull it out there is a lot of  "oh no" and "not again" and grumbles.  

I am going to use this post to display my pictures and show my growth in photography over the year.....

This first set of pictures are some of the very first I took of my kids with the camera.  Super cute picture (how could it not be with those 3), but the make up has so many things wrong with it.  First my kids are looking into the sun and second I have them coming over the bridge with cars in the background instead of going the other way.  None the less, this picture is proudly framed in our home.  



Here are a few more from the first shoot also....







I originally purchased my camera to just "use" little did I know that after this first use I would fall in love with being behind the camera.  Since this first time using my camera I have done a lot of research and educating so that I could use my camera, light, and subject to the best of my ability.   

 












































This is just a small sampling of pictures I love.  As I look forward to the coming year of picture taking I am excited about embarking on photography of other people besides my children.  I know they are super cute, but I am sure everyone is tired of seeing them.  LOL.  Many of my sweet friends have agreed to let me borrow their families so that I can continue to practice and grow.  

A very special thank you to a dear friend...Kristina McCaleb with Kristina McCaleb Photography.  She has answered questions, given advice, critiqued my work, pointed me towards resources.  She has played a huge part in my growth process.  
Also Laurie Campbell with Laurie Melissa Photography.  Such a dear friend also that has pointed me in the right direction so many time.  
Please check their facebook pages out if you have not already...you won't be sorry.  And if you are in the Garland/Mesquite area or the Duncanville area book a session with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment