1. The celebration of Christ's birth.
2. The cold weather - that leads to the spring....my favorite season.
3. Christmas Break - I get my babies home for 2 weeks.
4. I get to do my year in review of my photography.
When I started this whole journey of chasing a dream....I made a promise to myself that I would always reflect on my work, continue to grow, and learn everything I can as I have the opportunity. I don't ever want to become stagnate....stuck in a rut....I want to push the boarders...grow....expand. I feel like this year has done that to me.
I enjoyed meeting every single family, child, couple I shot this year. This is one of my favorite parts of the job....getting to know people and help them capture their memories.
I loved the addition of the Grow With Me Session. It is not only wonderful for parents to get to capture their babies milestones, but I get a year of watching a little cutie grow and change. So much fun shooting the stages as they grow. Here are some of my favorite images of my GWM babies. My first ever GWM baby...Bradlee....graduated and I will forever be thankful to Allison for taking a chance on me and my photography.
I love the comparison below of Bradlee's 3 month GWM session and then her 1 year session. It shows so much growth...not only in Bradlee, but in me.
Besides the adorable GWM babies I did meet and capture a lot of other cute kids and babies.....Here are a few of my favorite images of them.
Aren't they all just adorable!! When I was going through my pictures...I noticed I am drawn toward the pictures where they aren't looking at me.
I also was able to shot a couple Seniors. I openly admit I have a lot of growth to do with posing a single person. It is really hard for me. It, however, was a pleasure working with these guys and we came up with some great shots!
I also was given the honor and blessing of getting to capture my first birth....so many things I would do different now after shooting it. I don't ever see myself going into full time birth photography, but I wouldn't mind capturing a few from time to time. I would have shot with a different lens and I would not have gotten myself completely stuck behind the mothers hospital bed. I was able to capture great shots, but there was no changing my angle....it is all the same. But giving birth to a child is such a beautiful miraculous event and I am so pleased to have captured it for this momma. Here are a few of my favorite shots of Nolan's birth.
Pregnant ladies...I was giving the pleasure of getting to capture some great baby bellies.
And we all know that baby bellies turn into families....here are some of my favorite family shots.
Oh and I met some fabulous couples....I LOVE working with couples....love is my favorite thing to capture. I pray the Lord blesses me with many more amazing couples.
And then what would a wrap up be without the weddings I shot. This is my dream. I want to grow, learn, and perfect everything there is when it comes to weddings. I love telling stories and weddings allow me that pleasure.
1. Micah and Jessica - my 3rd wedding to shot. These two actually are family. Micah is my hubby's youngest brother. So it was so special to capture this day for them. It was a hot Texas summer day in Bonham. It rained on and off for us, but Jessica was beautiful regardless!!
2. Ed and Morgan. I meet these 2 for the first time in person on their wedding day! Made me so nervous, but they were awesome laid back and so fun to work with. They were married at Sundown in Decatur Texas in September.
3. Josh and Zebrina - my first wedding couple and they have turned out to be very special to me. I captured their engagements, bridals, wedding, and gender reveal for their soon to be newest addition to their sweet family. This wedding was such a major learning experience for me....I walked away that night beyond tired and full of so much more knowledge.
4. This wedding I second shot with my partner in crime.
5. This wedding brought me to tears so many time! I also was the second shooter on it with the talented Laurie Campbell.
6. Josh and Cami - this country wedding had a handsome groom, gorgeous bride, and details to die for.
7. Brittany and Roberts outdoor family wedding. There are really no words that would properly describe this wedding. It was a full family affair. So much love and joy shared on this day. I also was so blessed enough to be the second shooter on this wedding with Laurie.
I don't have one single thing to complain about when it comes to the clients the Lord has provided me with other the year....and those that have already booked me for the next year. I have 2 weddings left this year and 10 on the books for next year. It is going to be another year to remember! I now am somehow going to pick my top 10 favorite images of the year. The images that I just mushed over!! (ok I couldn't narrow it to 10....)
I look forward to pushing my self this next year....
1. continuing to get better at posing...make everyone's body and shape look good.
2. learning more about post processing....my knowledge in this area has come so far this year....thank you Emily Fiscus, Kristy McCaleb, and Laurie Campbell for sharing your knowledge in this area with me. So much more for me to learn over the next year.
3. remembering to not just shot straight on....move move move when shooting.
4. improving what I have to offer as a business.
to name a few....Thank you for a fabulous year clients!!!!
A giant thank you to some awesome photographers that have always been willing to share their knowledge with me and encourage me along the way.....Kristy McCaleb, Laurie Campbell, Emily Fiscus, and Cheyenne Ward. You each capture beautiful memories for people in your own distinct style. Thank you for inspiring me in my journey.
And to end this year in review....I want to share my favorite images of my children that I captured this year. They are by far the hardest kids to photograph.